Wednesday, May 29, 2013

samsung galaxy s2 wont connect to wifi

samsung galaxy s2 wont connect to wifi

can't connect samsung galaxy s2 to wifi

We have a home gateway which we have no trouble connecting laptops, ipods, iphones etc to via wifi. Have a new Samsung Galaxy S2 which doesn't even see the Vivid wifi. The S2 can see our neighbours Bigpond wifi and I've connected it to a secure wifi setup at work..

I have a galaxy s2. It used to work fine and dandy, connected to my home wifi as did all the other ... It now will not connect to my home wi-fi.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 GTi9100P, Android 2.3.5 Since yesterday my I cannot use my Wifi - It connects to the router, without any problems. All oth.

1. Static IP (DHCP bypass) workaround



It looks like certain routers don’t play nice with the Galaxy S II so bypassing DHCP seems to improve the router-to-phone feng shui.

Turn off WiFi
Go to Menu > Settings > Wireless and networks > WiFi settings > Menu > Advanced > Select “Use static IP”
Fill in all of the fields with valid input aking sure to use two unique DNS addresses (8.8.4.4 and/or 8.8.8.8)
Turn on Wifi
Repeat step 2 but turn off static IP
2. Change Security to WPA2

This will be different based on what type of router you have but can be accessed by using the admin panel and changing the encryption key settings. You don’t need to do anything on your Galaxy S II except type in the new password.

3. Toggle Flight Mode



Simply try toggling flight mode on/off and check if that helps the connection. To do this, hold down the power button and “Flight mode.”

4. AllShare Workaround



Try opening your Samsung AllShare application–it will prompt you to connect to a WiFi network. Selecting a network from this menu should allow you to connect to a network.

5. Disable WiFi sleep policy



Disable the policy that switches when mobile data switches to WiFi. To do this go to Menu > Settings > Wireless and network > WiFi Settings > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Select “Never”

6. Update to the latest firmware

I've noticed recently that although my phone tells me that there are free/open wifi networks available, it won't connect

I was using my wi-fi without any trouble on holiday but now I'm home it will not connect.

No comments:

Post a Comment